Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Our 1st Anniversary!

The cake!
It was sooooo good!

Cutting the cake like we did one year ago!


For those of you who don't know already, Mom and Dad surprised us today with an anniversary cake. They were unable to send our real cake top (considering we are in Japan), so they contacted the Fleet and Family Support Center here in Yokosuka. The man at the FFSC had a cake made for us at the O Club and they organized this whole big surprise!

I had just finished working out, but Eric insisted that I come to the main base to meet him and his boss for lunch anyway (even though I was all sweaty!). Neither one of us could figure out why his boss wanted us to go back to the office after lunch, or why she wanted me to come to lunch so badly in the first place. Totally oblivious, I gave in and came to base for lunch and went back to their office with them to "meet the man that was going to fix the AC".

When we arrived at Eric's office, a man was there with a package. I didn't think anything of it until he said, "Is your name Lindsay? You look exactly like your mother." I was SO CONFUSED!!!! I just sat there staring at him, trying to figure out how the heck he knew my mother.

A few seconds later, he revealed that there was a cake in the box that read "Happy Anniversary Lindsay and Eric", and that Mom and Dad had contacted him to help organize their surprise! Dad sent him a picture from our wedding with Eric and I cutting our real cake!

It was such an incredible surprise, and we truly appreciate everyone who assisted in our special gift!!!!

It was an absolute surprise - one that we will never forget!

LOVE YOU!
MISS YOU!

No comments: