Last week, Eric and I were given a private tour of the USS Chicago. We weren't allowed to take pictures up close, so these are the only pictures I have. It was an incredible experience!!! I have never felt so cramped and claustrophobic in my life. The bunks, even for officers, were so tiny! They were all three high, and if you were to lie on your side you would touch the bunk about you. We were also shown torpedoes - WOW! They are huge. It was definitely a little creepy to see the weapons, but I just couldn't think about it. This was definitely a once in a lifetime experience!
Thank you Command Master Chief!

The sub is in the bottom left corner of the picture. This is the docks at Yokosuka.

The sub is in the bottom left corner of the picture. This is the docks at Yokosuka.
Up close of the sub. We walked around on the top as well! So fun!!!
LOVE YOU!
MISS YOU!
MISS YOU!

No comments:
Post a Comment