Two weekends ago, Eric and I traveled to Kamakura!
than one hour south of Tokyo. Kamakura became the political center of Japan, when Minamoto Yoritomo chose the city as the seat of his new military government in 1192. The Kamakura government continued to rule Japan for over a century, first under the Minamoto shogun and then under the Hojo regents.
The entrance to the Hase Temple. Isn't it beautiful!
The fish swimming in one of the large ponds.
Eric at the entrance to one of the shrines.
Washing my hands before entering the shrine.
Lovie and I in Kamakura!!!
Up close!
All the people around the temple.
Eric at the Shirahata shrine.
Before entering the temple..
Kamakura is a beach town!
The train ride back from Kamakura on the Enoden line. Can you believe how crowded it was!??!?! CRAZY!
I couldn't move! It was crazy!!!!
_______
Eric and I had a great time in Kamakura, and we can't wait to go back some time very soon to check out the Great Buddha. It is huge! We tried to go when we went to the temples, but unfortunately we ran out of cash. The Japanese ATMs don't take our cards, so we had to go home! I was so sad! I couldn't wait to see the Buddha and taste the famous purple sweet potato soft cream!!!
Oh well, we will have to take another day and see the rest of Kamakura! I can't wait!!!
LOVE YOU!
MISS YOU!





















No comments:
Post a Comment